It has been a year since I experienced the spine-chilling canyoneering adventure from Kanlaob River in Alegria to Kawasan Falls in Badian. However, early June last year, the Cebu City government suspended the canyoneering operations in both towns to conduct a safety assessment. After three months of closure, the suspension was lifted, however, a lot of changes had been implemented.
There are now appropriate guidelines, rules and regulations, and a standard rate. The canyoneering activity is also divided into the two towns due to the land dispute between Alegria and Badian. To be honest, I personally approve this move because now, the tour operators can guarantee the safety of the tourists visiting these towns.
Anyway, I happened to talk to our guide, Mr. Raymund Sande of Raymund Sande Cebu Adventures. He was our guide and contact person the last time I went there, and he told me about the changes.
For those who are going to choose canyoneering in Alegria, tourists will still start at Kanlaob River, and will end at the area where barbecues are sold. Anyone who starts in Alegria can no longer enter the Badian area for canyoneering.
For those who will opt for Badian, the canyoneering entry would start at this spot where there are huge stalactites and stalagmites. It will end at Kawasan Falls.
Regulated and Standard rate for Kawasan Canyoneering package:
•Entrance, Users and Govt fees
•Transpo(Habal Habal/Van) from Meet up place to jump-off area & vice versa.
09277330504 – Raymund Sande
09972148381 – Ivy Sande
09151392249 – April Canceko
They also offer Kawasan Canyoneering and Moalboal Island Hopping Tours. Here are the rates.
Please note that prices are subject to change without prior notice. Please contact Raymund Sande Cebu Adventures for the exact rates.
- 2200/person min. Of 2 pax
- 1800/person min. of 8 pax
- Kawasan Falls
- Pescador Island Hopping
- Sea Turtle
- Coral Garden
•All activity fees
•1 Meal after canyoneering
•Activity Transfers from Moalboal-Badian
How to Get There:
Take a bus bound for Bato via Barili at the Cebu South Bus Terminal. Do not take the bus Bato via Oslob as this will not pass by Badian. One way fare is around PHP 120-160. Inform the driver to drop you off at 7-Eleven Badian. Mr. Sande’s office is located on the ground floor of Ging-Ging Tourist Inn which is beside 7-Eleven.
Things To Remember:
- Wearing of trekking shoes or strapped trekking sandals is important. Although decaying algae is barely present on the rocks due to constant water movement, it is best to wear shoes or sandals with a tight grip to avoid slipping. If you don’t have shoes, you can rent one in Mr. Sande’s house which cost Php 50 a pair.
- I would advise not to bring your phones during canyoneering. If you do, bring your phone at your own risk.
- The earliest time you can start the activity would be at 6 AM. The latest is at 3 PM. You cannot start canyoneering outside those times.
- Observe the basic Leave No Trace principle. Do not leave your trash and dispose of it properly.
Read my experience last year: Downstream Canyoneering Adventure in Alegria to Kawasan Falls