My name is Johanna Frejoles. Most people call me Hanna, Ning, or Miss Bean. I am currently based in Cebu, Philippines.
I speak English, Cebuano, Tagalog, and a little bit of Bikol. I used to play the piano until I realized that my real passion lies in writing and exploring new places.
A few years ago, I realized that I am not cut out for the 9-5 life so I did my best to find something that will allow me to fulfill my dream of seeing the world while still earning a living. And that is why I decided to become a digital nomad. The freedom to be able to work anywhere – at my own pace and time – is something that I’ve always wanted to do and finally, I am now doing it.
I don’t really have plans to visit all the provinces in the Philippines or visit as many countries in the world. I just go whenever my mind starts spewing random thoughts of places that interest me. I do my best to travel with a purpose and set prior intentions because I want it to be something that gives real value to my life. Otherwise, do I really have to travel at all?
In this blog, you will find travel narratives just about anything. On some days, you will find me writing about my extreme adventures. Sometimes, I just want to talk about that one time I had diarrhea.
Nevertheless, I can assure that what you find here are genuine travel stories coming from my heart.
Why Bean in Transit?
My last name is a Spanish word for ‘beans’. Hence, the name ‘Miss Bean’. In life, whether we travel or not, we are always in transit.
Awards and Recognitions
- Globe Media Excellence Awards 2020 – Blog of the Year Finalist
- Cebu Content Creators Blogger of the Year 2018
- Best Cebu Blogs Awards – Best Creative Writing in a Blog Award 2017
- Top 10 Cebu Blogger Influencer for 2016
- Best Cebu Travel Blog Finalist 2015
- Best Cebu Travel Blog Finalist 2014
- Best Cebu Photo Blog Finalist 2014
- Grand Prize Winner – 2018 Gabii sa Kabilin Blogging Contest
- Consolation Winner – 2017 Traveloka: How Travel Changed My Life Blogging Contest